Express Health Risk Assessment Program
The Express Health Risk Assessment Program is the first software in the Russian Federation that fully automates the assessment of non-carcinogenic and carcinogenic risks to public health, taking into account the toxic effects of chemicals, ranks the levels of total non-carcinogenic risk and identifies priority organs and organ systems and main emissions that contribute to total risk levels. The user has the opportunity to get a brief conclusion on the results of a risk assessment that includes the results of a comparative analysis of calculated risk levels with acceptable ones. The software gives an opportunity to assess risks from a "short list" of substances the most hazardous to health and widespread in the air of residential areas, both in Russia and abroad.
With the help of the express assessment program you can:
- determine the levels of non-carcinogenic risk in acute and chronic exposure for each pollutant including the assessment of compliance / non-compliance with permissible values;
- determine the risk levels for the development of non-carcinogenic effects with combined and complex exposure to chemical compounds with an assessment of compliance / non-compliance with permissible values;
- determine the individual carcinogenic risk for each carcinogenic substance, as well as the total carcinogenic risk for the mixture of carcinogens with an assessment of compliance / non-compliance with permissible values;
- identify priority organs and organ systems when exposed to chemicals;
- rank the substances by the magnitude of the hazard ratio and identify the main emissions that contribute to the total levels of public health risks.
You can learn the possibilities of public health risk assessment and determine the levels of negative exposure to chemicals with the help of our FREE software service.
To access the Express Health Risk Assessment Program, you need to sign up.
If you need more information about risk assessment, you can refer to the distance learning course “Assessing and Managing Public Health Risks from the Acoustic Effects of Transport” (in Russian). As a result of taking the course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for enhancing professional competencies in the field of environmental risk management (health risks) from the negative acoustic impact of transport, you will know the interdependence between human activities, environment and human health, as well as economic mechanisms to anticipate risk situations. You will be able to rank and classify transport infrastructure objects by the possibility of risk situations, determine the technogenic factors that cause risk situations and assess the environmental and hygienic consequences of urban transport impact, develop measures to reduce them.